randomness and Yugo war

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed May 5 10:29:51 PDT 1999

> BTW, Marcus Raskin of IPS had an excellent column in
> today's Washington Post criticizing the war.

The conclusion was especially good, i.e.:

"Americans are left with a legal shambles. We have an illegal war undertaken by a runaway executive, without the support of Congress, a declaration of war or any color of the legitimacy that could have been granted through the War Powers Resolution. Americans are left in a political and legal nowhere-land in which the Clinton administration 'dissed' the United Nations and brazenly attempted to extend NATO beyond its alliance objectives -- as well as beyond both the NATO and U.N. charters. So much for the rule of law and for the abhorrence of violence this administration loudly professes."

Carl Remick