chill out (was: guns prevent violence!)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed May 5 13:10:57 PDT 1999

At 03:33 AM 5/6/99 +1000, Angela wrote:

>>I would not take very seriously what immigrants, especially from Eastern
>>Europe say about persecution in their old countries - they tend to
>>exaggerate profusely (and for a good reason, since they are rewarded for
>>doing that).
>
>oh wojtek....
>do you happen to work for the immigration dept or something?

No, I went through the process myself, playing the refugee game, you know -- telling the bullshit Westerners want to hear, staying in a camp for a while, mingling with other refugees, dealing with the INS nazis (who told me, and I quote, we like white people like you to immigrate to this country), etc.

Wojtek