Guns Prevent Violence

Bert Davis bdavis at citicom.com
Wed May 5 15:32:04 PDT 1999

The following petition was circulated in our community as an means to prevent other Littleton-type shootings. Is it viable? In part? bcd

Petition No. 42599

PETITION TO PASS A LAW TO CONFISCATE ALL FIREARMS IN U.S.

Due to the many shootings, we must remove firearms in the U.S. but we must compensate those that turn in their firearms, which is in the true American Capitalist tradition.

1. Purchase all firearm plants and pay the owners of these plants the fair market value for their plants, plus the amount of profit they have made in the last 20 years on average, covering 100 years of potential future profits. Let's say a plant is worth one million dollars and the firm had an average profit of one million dollars per year, the owners would receive a total of 101 million dollars. The plant would be dismantled and sold to the scrap industry.

2. Give every person that owns firearms, 60 days to turn in their firearms. They will be paid the fair market value plus 20% for each firearm they turn in and sign a document that they do not have any other firearms. Anyone found to have a firearm after the deadline will be subject to a trial and a death sentence if found guilty.

3. After the deadline, all public service personnel, Police, Firefighters, F.B.I., Secret Service, B.A.T.F. etc. along with the Military, will make a house to house search for firearms, and those found with a firearm will be tried and if found guilty they will be sentence to death.

4. After the search is made and all guns are confiscated, all firearms will be melted down.

5. All police agencies will also turn in their fire arms. Police, F.B.I. etc. will use a cross bow with tranquilizer darts when needed, sprays, stun instruments, etc., no firearms at all. The guns they turn in will also be melted down and any police personnel are found to have a firearm thereafter, they will be tried and if found guilty, sentenced to death. The reason the police can't have guns, is that their guns could be stolen and used against them.

6. All military firearms will be kept under locked safes and issued to military personnel in time of war if the U.S. is being invaded. Any military personnel of any rank found with a firearm other than for fighting an invading force, will be tried and if found guilty sentenced to death.

The only way to eliminate shooting is to eliminate firearms, and you can't eliminate firearms for one part of the society, because the firearms left in the hands of police and military will end up stolen by those that want to use firearms in crimes.

It should be understood that this will cost the taxpayers a lot of money up to $1,000.00 increase in income tax, to buy up all the plants and firearms now in the country. Some collectors will have one million dollars in rare firearms, but it must be done the good old American way of Capitalism and pay each citizen for their property as they did in Australia recently.

End