Progress, Entropy and Himmelfarb's inconsistencies....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 6 05:41:55 PDT 1999

"D.L." wrote:

> >Prozac does *not* affect perception/feeling as psychodelics, etc. do.
>
> This is untrue. Prozac absolutely affects perception and feeling.

This is meaningless. Sugar absolutely affects perception and feeling. Looking at a maple tree absolutely affects perception and feeling Anything anyone does or consumes absolutely affects perception and feeling.

Paxil is chemically almost identical with Prozac, as is Zoloft. I am allergic to Prozac and Zoloft, but not Paxil, and never once in the years I took Paxil did I notice *any* effect in direct connection with the medication. Neither have all the other scores of takers of Paxil, Prozac, Serzone, Amitripylene, Effexor, Celexa, etc. etc. etc who I have known. They affect (leaving aside the possiblity of placebo effect) the reuptake of Serotonin in the synapses, but only after they build up a certain level in the bloodstream over several weeks. This is the first post by you I have read in a couple years. Clearly I haven't been missing anything.

Carrol