Suharto 2

CounterPunch sitka at teleport.com
Thu May 6 07:13:54 PDT 1999

Ex-spooks need a job too, Michael! CIA, DIA, State Dept. Thanks to Gore's reinventing government, a lot of them took early retirement. Now they're out on the streets. Fortunately, most of them end up in Texas. I confess, however, that I too find stratfor's useful as well. They do less harm there than at E-systems, Kroll or Raytheon, yes? Even Nike has taken to hiring ex-CIA men. Of course, they need 'em.

Jeff St. Clair

___________________________________________________________ ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER? Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL WRITERS UNION! The only labor union committed to improving the economic and working conditions of all freelance writers. For more information visit our web site <http://www.nwu.org>, call (212) 254-0279, or email <nwu at nwu.org>.