Law and Order

Greg Nowell GN842 at CNSVAX.Albany.Edu
Thu May 6 14:18:20 PDT 1999

Last night's episode (No. 200, a milestone) with Julia Roberts featured a murder mystery around with conflict over a bond upgrade/downgrade as the central plot motive.

This I think might be a first in murder mysteries generally, but the odds are heavy it's a TV first. I wonder to what extent these kinds of themes sink in with the general viewership.

-- Gregory P. Nowell Associate Professor Department of Political Science, Milne 100 State University of New York 135 Western Ave. Albany, New York 12222

Fax 518-442-5298