Russian disintegration index

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Fri May 7 23:28:06 PDT 1999

Chaz wrote:
>And Angela would not be one to search for a vulgar materialist explanation
of the war on Yugoslavia.

wow Chaz, what's gotten under your bonnet? and your point is??? remind me when I ever used the phrase 'vulgar materialist explanation', or even when I argued that others were doing this? or at least remind anyone you might be having this conversation with about me in the third person...

you have me confused with someone else, or, we speak very different languages.

if you're upset at my use of the term 'money trail': in defaults we are directly talking about money are we not? and, a question about the knock-on effects (specifically re the banks or institutions which have laid out the cash they are unlikely to see returning) is a question for elaboration, not even a question for either an explanation or an analysis (though it would inform one). stuff like this is data -- as is the fact that US arms companies are making money out of the war, but it is not an explanation of why the war is occurring, nor is it an assessment of what the war means for the left or for the working class of various countries.

as for sabre-rattling, I thought it would be a fairly obvious maneuver to reintegrate the growing antagonisms over unpaid wages, but that, may well not be a direct product of defaulting, though it surely means a shift in terms of the relation of the govt agencies to those who haven't been paid. perhaps it is a sign that the govt has decided it is more afraid of Russian workers than international lenders, esp in the lead up to elections, or in the nationalist space amplified by the war -- I can only speculate. but this would be what I'd regard as the point of departure for an analysis, or at least an analysis that would interest me, and by no means exhaustive.

honestly, I have no idea what you might be getting at - I'm too obtuse: if you actually disagree with something, you'll need to be more specific to actually have an argument rather than blow off steam in a rather cryptic way.

Angela --- rcollins at netlink.com.au

Chaz harrumphed at: