MASSACRE IN MEJA : murder by Serbs in Kosovo

Nathan Newman nathan.newman at yale.edu
Sun May 9 04:42:11 PDT 1999

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sunday, May 09, 1999 12:52 AM Subject: Re: MASSACRE IN MEJA : murder by Serbs in Kosovo

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Here is one Human Rights Watch report (I know, I know, a much
>less reliable source than Milosevic's puppet media

-By the way, I don't think anyone on this list has cited or forwarded -anything from "Milosevic's puppet media."

The 220 civilian dead figure comes from Milosevic's regime, not from NATO sources. To repeat the line from your original draft:

"So far NATO blunders, which the Alliance claims are few in comparison to the number of raids its had carried out, have claimed at least 220 lives among the civilian population, according TO A SERBIAN TALLY unconfirmed by NATO."(Emphasis added)

And my slur was not really against your post, but a slur against the attacks a number of people have made against Human Rights Watch as a source, even while Serbian propaganda has been reposted as gospel.

--Nathan Newman