Oberlin Happening

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sun May 9 17:36:03 PDT 1999

Today, in Oberlin there was an all-community teach-in on the war in Yugoslavia.

I had received an email invitation from one of the young gentlemen organizing the event---one of his professors suggested he get in touch with me. I in turn had recommended one of the keynote speakers to him, an Oberlin college graduate of my acquaintance.

The other two plenary speakers were an Oberlin professor and recent Harvard import who sounded to me like he may have learned to speak english from a Romanian. The other keynote character was an Albanian who has worked for the Voice of America in Washington for the last 18 years. Yes, the Voice of America has been broadcasting to Albania for at least that long in Albanian. I wonder what they have been telling the Albanians?

More later.

Your email pal,

Tom L.