Friedman's Fantasy

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Tue May 11 09:02:17 PDT 1999

Friedman has introduced a Declaration of the Right of Warmongers: whenever an aggressor launches an undeclared war on another sovereign nation, it has the right to hit any third party dumb enough to stick around.

The hawks has dropped all pretenses of moral righteousness in a undeclared war originally justified by moralistic pretensions. It has degenerated into the mentality of gang fight for turf with total disregard for international law and order. That is the most effect proof of the embassy attack being not a "mistake", but part of a policy. Let this be a warning to all those who trade with the US. A US trade deficit, like alleged human rights issues, is a license for US military attack. The real face of neo-liberal globalization is revealed voluntarily by its guru. The US overestimates its own propaganda about the desirability of US visas and trade surpluses for its trading partners. In the event of s sudden shut down of US/China trade, US inflation will rise with an immediate anticipatory hikes in interest rates that will bring the US equity markets crashing down. As for US visas, the number being granted is so small that one one will notice. It is the equivalent of the empty threats of slave owners to not feed the slaves. It will only lead to a welcomed slave uprising and cause damage to the economic interest of the slave owners. The slaves are already underfed and any further reduction of food will only reduce productivity rather than trim fat. It is the same rationale of bombing the embassy of an "unruly" government. It will produce precisely the opposite effect from the misguided intention as outlined by Friedman.

Henry C.K. Liu