NATO bombs Chinese embassy

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue May 11 09:44:11 PDT 1999

At 01:45 PM 5/10/99 -0700, d.l wrote:
> The simple benefit is that the bombing likely takes the United Nations
>out of the Kosovo picture. The Chinese will probably veto anything that
>comes to the table and therefore the Russians will have to negotiate a
>NATO-plus-Russia deal or a G-7-plus-Russia deal if they want to be a player.

You argument seems rational, but I think it is based on a questionable premise. Why would the Chinese want to cooperate with Clinton's scheming and "veto anything that comes to the table?" I would think that a more rational strategy for them in such situation would be to work in tandem with Russia for a peace plan that would have a maximum embarassing effect for Clinton and his Euro cronies.

Honestly, I think there may be a war machine running with clueless arrogant idiots at the driver's seat.

Wojtek