Thomas Friedman's "Comic" Twin

CounterPunch sitka at teleport.com
Tue May 11 17:50:23 PDT 1999

>From Politically Incorrect, May 7. For the entire revolting transcript go
here: http://abc.go.com/pi/forum/word_index.html

JSC

Bill Maher addressing the Serbs:

"Let me be the first to say I am so sorry that supporting a genocidal regime has turned into such a hassle for you. I'm sorry if our bombing has delayed the delivery of your J. Crew catalog or screwed -- [Laughter ] -- screwed up your commute.

And by the way, if I were you, I would write a strongly worded letter to the transit authority, because I've seen your bridges, and frankly, they're a mess. [Laughter and applause]

Believe me, we would never have started bombing them if we realized it was keeping you from getting to Tae-Bo class.

So maybe what you yuppie fascists need to do is stop supporting an evil dictator who is hellbent on eliminating an entire people just because their ancestors kicked your ancestors' asses 600 years ago. Let it go. You're yuppies, get some therapy. [Laughter]

Get your moral clock working. Let me give you a hint. If in your language you have ever used the phrase, 'can I get to the mall if I make a left at the death camp' -- [Laughter] -- you might be a redneck."

___________________________________________________________ ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER? Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL WRITERS UNION! The only labor union committed to improving the economic and working conditions of all freelance writers. For more information visit our web site <http://www.nwu.org>, call (212) 254-0279, or email <nwu at nwu.org>.