More Tiny Cracks in NATO

CounterPunch sitka at teleport.com
Wed May 12 10:42:08 PDT 1999

As Jamie Shea was predicting yet another "instensification" of Nato airstrikes, the President of the country from which many of the bombers are taking off was calling for an end to the bombing. These are the remarks of Italian President Oscar Luigi Scalfaro as reported yesterday in Agence France Press:

"It is necessary for the bombing to stop, because we are very worried to see that the raids are apparently moving away from military targets and are being directed towards civilian targets. We say this with the greatest respect for our allies, with the conviction that an alliance signifies giving and receiving advice."

___________________________________________________________ ARE YOU A FREELANCE WRITER? Then you should be a member of the NATIONAL WRITERS UNION! The only labor union committed to improving the economic and working conditions of all freelance writers. For more information visit our web site <http://www.nwu.org>, call (212) 254-0279, or email <nwu at nwu.org>.