Katha Pollitt

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed May 12 22:25:14 PDT 1999

Michael Yates wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Cheers to Katha Pollitt for resigning her editorial post at the Nation
> (she will remain a columnist) in protest against the magazine publishing
> a signed editorial by a rightwing entrepreneur by the name of Unz. Unz
> wrote about public schools and while he is opposed to vouchers, he says
> many ridiculous things about schools. Pollitt correctly points out that
> the Nation has given this dog a liberal credibility utterly undeserving.

KPFK (I think it was Marc Cooper who also had millionairess cult follower Arianna Huffington on his show and is a member of editorial board of the Nation) had Unz on as a person deserving of broadcast time as well on the education issue. I keep expecting Arianna Huffington to show up on the pages of the Nation. Huffington, Unz, who will be next??? Nancy Reagan????

Marta Russell