charges against father dropped/entertainment interlude

kelley digloria at mindspring.com
Fri May 14 04:32:30 PDT 1999

CONGRATULATIONS!!

a very happy, and deservedly so, peter said:

>getting drunk and doing the Ricky Martin dance tonight. kelley if you were
>here, I'd kiss you

say peter, if you were here and i were drunk i'd probably kiss you too!

wait! i'm unemployed. mebbe i should charge or something. which reminds me, people (Annalee Newitz especially), i'm trying to decide what i should do while killing off this damn dissertation! i'm burnt out on adjuncting for peanuts, so:

1. substitute teach good: flexible bad: unruly children

2. school crossing guard good: uniform (postfeminism=dig yourself in a uniform);

free rain poncho bad: pay stinks

3. phantasy phone worker good: pay's great! bad: doug would probably go broke, no more lbo, no more list!

[sorry doug, couldn't resist but you know me....]

and i can write an article about it afterward, right annalee!! it'd be an Ehrenreich kinda thang. except i rilly am destitute. and I'll call it auto-ethnography EZJ and it'll be like *legitimate*

added bonus: annalee, you can rip me apart after i publish it. pay backs...always so fun for everyone

and boy oh boy Wojtek, i feel as if i have just *soooo* many choices here.

entertainment break over

kelley

Q: Are you an academic? Q: Who says? Q: And that's enough for you, is it?