Democrats 2000 :o)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon May 17 07:09:30 PDT 1999

At 09:32 AM 5/17/99 -0400, Tom Lehman wrote:
>I've been getting a lot of mail lately from Democrats 2000.
>
>Did you know that Democrats 2000 wants to elect "progressive" and
>"populist" Democrats like Al Gore and Bill Bradley. Believe it or not.

That reminds me an old Russian joke from the Soviet era. At a general meeting of the Soviet CP the official speaker had a long an passionate speech, promising the audience a prompt end of the "dictatorship of the proletariat" phase and entering the "communist" phase of the development. At the end of the speech, and elderly gentleman raised his hand, and after being recognized by the chairman, he proclaimed "I am not scared anymore. I have cancer."

OTOH, what can be worse that 8 years of "progressivism" of the Dixiecrat Clinton?

Methinks, every self-respecting progressive in this country has the moral duty to vote anyone but a Democrat in 2000.

Wojtek