China should apologize to the US

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Mon May 17 15:30:16 PDT 1999

Wojtek,

Well, the hard truth is that there are hard line factions in both the US and China that would love to have the two countries at each others' throats in utter hostility. Safire and Buckley are certainly part of that faction in the US. Buckley, of course, has always been in that faction, being a part of the old "China Lobby" that was associated with Chiang Kai-Shek back in the 1950s. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Monday, May 17, 1999 2:54 PM Subject: Re: China should apologize to the US