Lil' Allie Greenspan/It can't happen here.

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue May 18 21:01:05 PDT 1999

What if they made that big jump in the core cpi up? Because.....

1. Labor was finally starting to get a little uppity.

2. The US wants to impede any Asian recovery(China just came out with their own OS for mobile computing, thank you very much, Bill Gates.) Or....

3. Relative to Henry's theory, the US intends to help Asia recover by making it's own markets less attractive.

4. Crime keeps going down, and people keep suggesting that it may be related to an abundance of jobs.

5. The Big Cigars need an aura of inflation as cover for raising prices.(Which they can't do if Asia keeps cranking up production, right?)

6. The Big Cigars need a summer sale to get long for the big e-Christmas.

Is this why Rubin really choose this moment to resign. Just not slimy enough for this transitional period?

And I was this suspicious before the Fed completely ignored the plunge in housing starts.

Anyone else think the whole thing feels like a scam?

smooches Paula

Ps. Frances-thanks for the info on Cuba. I'll be getting back to you shortly with some questions.

YES CHILD, CONSPIRACY THEORIES REALLY DO COME TRUE. (tuck, tuck)