Where's BB King and Pol Pot?

Thu May 20 11:10:03 PDT 1999

Chaz wrote:

>The unique character of fascistic racism is the degree of terrorism and
genocidalism

I've heard this before, but I don't really understand it. I've no doubt that fascism is violent, indeed Mussolini was very big on violence as building national character as I recall from somewhere. but how is it possible, desirable even, to think of fascism as more violent than other forms of racism?

Charles: As an example, discrimination in employment (Black people as the last hired/first fired) in the U.S. is racism. But it is not violent. Many ( most ?) forms of racism are not violent: white flight and residential segregation from the migration of large numbers of Black people to the cities in the mid-20th Century, disrespect of Indigenous Peoples as "primitive". Japan bashing, China bashing, English only laws against Spanish speaking and other peoples, bank redliing, European beauty standards in mass culture, racist stereotyping, anti-affirmative action, Taxi drivers not picking up colored passengers , name calling ., _The Bell Curve_ etc. etc.

Fascism by definition is open TERRORIST rule. Bourgeois democratic-republican rule is "hidden" and limited use of terror or violence.

Charles Brown