14th Amendment

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Thu May 20 17:30:38 PDT 1999

Another interesting synopsis of Santa Clara. The only problem is, all of the documents relating to the case seem to be missing.

I heard an apocryphal story years ago that the late Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas had stolen the papers relating to the Santa Clara decision and used them to start a fire for a weenie roast. This little story may have also made it into print; in one version or another over the years.

Your email pal,

Tom L.