A reply to Solidarity/ATC on Nato's war

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri May 21 05:54:23 PDT 1999

>there are a number of points to be made here, but I won't repeat myself.
>what I will say is that the left should give absolutely no credibility to
>reports which come from an IMMIGRATION tribunal conducting itself not only
>under limited definitions of the validity of refugee claims but also, and
>more suspectly, under increasing political pressures to deny, where possible,
>claims for refugee status.

There is other evidence that "ethnic cleansing" was not producing a refugee problem prior to Nato's war if you seek it out. For example, an Oct 2, 1998 LA Times article on the refugee problem states:

======== Secic fled Kosovo province in neighboring Yugoslavia six weeks ago with her husband and their four children, driven from their farm in the village of Ladrovic by fighting between Kosovo Liberation Army rebels and Yugoslav forces. "There was fighting all around," she said. "We were afraid for our children and ourselves. That's why we left."

Louis Proyect