reverence for the constitution

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Sun May 23 07:05:27 PDT 1999

> muckraking Progressive George Norris (I think that was his name) led a
> successful move to abolish Nebraska's bi-cameral legislature in 1934...
> Michael Hoover

apologies for replying to my own post, but I meant to note that Nebraska's one-house legislature does not - in and of itself - appear to be factor in distinguishing its outcomes from other 49 states...I think it is the only state legislature elected on a non-partisan (no party affiliation) basis, but perhaps someone can correct me about that...if so, then it would seem to have limited effect on legislative outcomes as well (although evidence at local level indicates that non-partisan councils/commissions are generally elected by lower voter turnouts than partisan ones which often gives business-oriented candidates even greater advantage)... Michael Hoover