wicked projects

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 24 12:28:31 PDT 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

>And do Australian (republican) patriots dream of writing their own
>Constitution? Of being the (always-capitalized) Founders of a new nation?

bzzzzt. ahistorical analysis. fershame doug. why on earth would there need be such commotion in Australia. they already have a nationalized identity, a curious one too from what i've read on these here lists. goes something like this:

we're not *that* fond of sheep. that's New Zealand yer thinking of. shits us right up a wall when everyone thinks sheep=australia. [slang in what follows courtesy of a bud of mine]

we were originally a penal colony, a repository for the criminal and degenerate cast offs that the effin prigs in the UK couldn't tolerate.

yes, we like to get purty pissed on a regular basis. that's so normal that it's the two pot screamers that are the deviants. you gotta problem with that? prudish, victorian yanks always do.

we don't take much seriously cause we're Aussies, but at least we know what irony is unlike the septics (tanks rhymes with yanks)

any city that's not sydney or melbourne is a hole. then there's canberra where all the government types live and sit on their butts and do nothing.

lamingtons lamingtons lamingtons. far better than the too sweet icky cardboardy stuff you yanks eat.

kelley

“touch yourself and you will know that i exist.” ~luce irigaray