reverence for the constitution

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Mon May 24 19:13:22 PDT 1999

Mike, I'd say the right to strike is based on the Bill of Rights; because most strikes occur when the employees are deprived of their basic Constitutional rights. Many strikes are in reality lockouts, that is the employer refuses to bargain or refuses to bargain in good faith with the employees. Once again the employee is being deprived of his Constitutional rights by the employer.

A bad trend today is the continued erosin of the Constitutional rights of the employee in the workplace. You park your Bill of Rights at the door or the gate.

The use of replacement workers i.e.scabs and free trade agreements like NAFTA that encourage run-away shops haven't helped any and should be viewed as an assult on the Constitution.

Your email pal,

Tom L.