The Gotha Program

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 26 05:19:05 PDT 1999

Ian Murray wrote:
>Could anyone on this list point me in the direction of the actual Gotha
>Program that Marx criticized? I did a web search and had no luck. Can
>anyone recommend a book with the Program in it, as well as a book that gives
>context to it's development as well as Marx' opposition?

ian, i think the programme is pretty much contained within 'The Critique.' there's a site where you can find a well-footnoted version which gives some context, as do the letters between Marx and Bracke, Engels and Kautsky, Bebel which are included there too:

<http://www.cruzio.com/~marx2mao/M&E/CGP75.html>

otherwise, i'd think a really thorough biography would be your best bet. kelley

Q: Are you an academic? Q: Who says? Q: And that's enough for you, is it?