Mary Daly update

kelley d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 26 16:58:16 PDT 1999

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez wrote:

>She disturbs me because she won't let males take her class. I don't see
>why it is so hard to put one's finger on that.

and in case it slipped by Enrique repeats himself

>I have to say the male-banning crap bodes ill.

oh puhlease. first i get to read email pal lehman slinging more ethnic epithets and utterly no one on this godforsaken list gives a crap. now this. Daly is teaching at a catholic uni ferchrisake. given the way she's been treated for two decades, i'd be awfully careful about who i let in my class in an institution that is incredibly oppressive to women. she denies access to upper level courses that are *electives* so it's not as if she's actually harming anyone at all. if it were a required course for majors then there might be a point. finally, the uni could easily fix the problem couldn't they? daly could do an ind. study with him OR she could offer to teach another course. this is b.s. exercise plotted out by some reverse discrimination idiots and a legal firm looking to grab some cash and some sound bytes.

Father's Rights extended into ever new social realms eh?

kelley

“touch yourself and you will know that i exist.” ~luce irigaray