Mary Daly update

Barbie d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 26 19:43:28 PDT 1999

CounterPunch wrote:

>if daly's so damn worried about how's she's been (being) treated, go teach
>somewhere else. perhaps, the university of kabul? it would make bc look
>downright liberated by comparison.

translation help: "We're #1 We couldn't be any prouder. And if ya can't hear us, we'll say it a little louder. Push 'em back, push 'em back waaaaaay back. Yeah America!!!! Rah Rah Rah Siss Boom Bah. First and Ten. Gooooo Free Market. Go Fight Win. Discipline those workers, Big Ceegars. You can do it. Yeah!!!!!

hell, margaret, ya just never know when the old cheerleader skills will come in handy.

>not persuasive.

well geez jsc, dunno. sounds like a personal problem to me. you might want to look up a brain surgeon and check it out though, you never know.

>if she's got something important to teach and she's denying
>it to a certain segment of the student body, there's harm.

and you are basing this on what ethical principle? lessee there's

men's historic oppression as a group

men's historic segregation from women

men are being denied access to the all important women's studies course and they might find their life opportunities crushed by the lack of access (but this one isn't true, is it?)

>if she doesn't
>have anything important to say, then the denial's just so much of her own
>self-inflated hype. i don't know what her lectures are like but her
>writing is often as turgid as raymond williams's and as obscure as
>lacan's--tho' much, much less interesting when you penetrate the fog.

well you can say that about 99.44% of academic writing--in any discipline--for pete'sake.

big hugs, Barbie

lookin' for the keys to the 'vette.