Max's practical import

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri May 28 07:47:19 PDT 1999

> Max wrote:

First off, if you're going to repost my timeless prose and omit sentences that render the remaining even less intelligible, please insert elipses to reflect your 'editing.'

> >>I agree that bombing gave Milo cover to be more
> brutal than otherwise in the given time frame. **** !!! ****
In other words, with no bombing I would say Kosovo could have gotten
> into similar straits over a more protracted period. Milo could
> have gradually escalated his criminal deeds to simlar effect,
> helped by NATO rhetorical dithering and provocations
> by the KLA. Semicolon. >

> For someone who spells Kosovo with an "a" this is an strange
position to take. You're saying that it's good that we've made things worse for the Kosovars by bombing -- because, had we not bombed, things might have
> gotten as bad as they are now anyway. >

I have no idea how you infer this from anything I've written, now or any other time.

> I agree with the emphasis on self-determination for Kosovo.
That is what Milosevic accepted at Rambouillet and the U.S. blocked, because it insisted on NATO troops to enforce the deal. >

Milosevic accepts self-determination for Kosova? Good grief.

mbs