24 Hour Trading

Anderson R band at unm.edu
Fri May 28 08:25:55 PDT 1999

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Doug Henwood wrote:
> Because in general the more people trade, the worse they do. Why any
> nonprofessional would want to trade at 6 AM or 11 PM is beyond me.
> Delusions of grandeur, I guess.

Doug,

If you get a chance to revisit this once, please help me understand the basis for your comment. I saw Paul Kangas last night with the head of NASDAQ say the traders would be hindered by the lack of information at those hours, and the transaction would not be posted until the next day but the growing Calif market which is active after the east closes is driving this change. But, beyond that, from an amatuer economist it does seem 24 hour trading could be accomplished with little problem and actually assist the process, assuming one was in agreement with the game.

bob