Bell Curve globalized?

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri May 28 14:03:21 PDT 1999

It is part of the World Bank story on the (former?) Asian miracle in which fewer children allow parents to "invest" in more education for each child => human capital => wealth.

Birdsall, Nancy, D. Ross, and Richard Sabot. 1995. "Inequality and Growth Reconsidered: Lessons from East Asia." World Bank Economic Review, 9: 3,

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu