Footnote on LBO

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 29 09:03:41 PDT 1999

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Louis Proyect wrote:
>
>> Carrol Cox took exception to my "compliment" Doug Henwood:
>> >"I appreciate his excellent efforts through LBO at pressuring the US
>> government
>> >and business interests into fair play."
>>
>> Carrol, I was being patronizing and dismissive. Don't you think I know
>> that?
>
>As I said in the original post, I need a week or two to mull over my basic
>response to this complex of quarrels. The remark quoted above was
>a quick response. But, yes, I knew you were being "patronizing and
>dismissive," and I expected you to know that I knew.

I was as surprised to learn that what I've been doing with LBO for the last 13 years is lobbying the U.S. government and business interests for reforms in the Henry George/Robert LaFolette tradition as I was last year when I learned from the same source that Wall Street is a Keynesian tract. How lucky I am to have a reader who understands me far better than I understand myself.

Doug