"Strobe" Talbott

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat May 29 11:01:33 PDT 1999

Doug, on your part this is like the pot calling the kettle black. :o)

Marta I'm sorry you feel that way. You may have noticed that the world is slipping toward war, possibly world war. The Yugo Serbs have asked for a halt in the bombing and are willing to accept a UN Peacekeeping force, and it has been reported they will accept NATO troops under a non-Nato UN command. How much more do policy makers like Talbott want to humiliate the Serbs? If this over-educated character actor Talbott is acting out his own "delusion of grandeur" or if the root of his problem stems from a problem with his parents problems let's not make it our nation's problem.

If I were a Polish politician I would be very concerned---because down the road they could be next. It's like I told a Serbian American pal, " when they get done with Iraq, Serbia is next."

Btw, has anyone noticed the border war between India and Pakistan. Or the recent shuttle diplomacy with North Korea. Or the great discovery that after 25 years of studying in America's best technical schools that the Chinese may have learned something! Not to mention that the Chinese invented the compass, gunpowder, printing etc. etc. on their own!

Your email pal,

Tom L.