gun control

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Sun May 30 16:04:00 PDT 1999

G'day Observers,

Jeremy writes:

> At the conclusion of a recent post, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
>Like I said, I only mostly really care about the 2nd because I think it's
>hilarious what
>kind of hypocracy it brings out in people. You have people like Diane
>Feinstein who get on the tube and bitch and moan about guns, but she
>carries! You've got Rosie O'Donnel who tries to get the cast of Annie Get
>Your Gun to *change the lyrics* to a song they are going to sing on her
>show because it mentions a bit of sharpshooting.
>
>/jordan
>
> You're right, of course, to nail O'Donnell and Feinstein for their rank
>hypocrisies.

Well, I don't reckon Jordan is right at all. I don't approve of guns (partly because I found them strangely seductive as a cadet), but there are circumstances conceivable in which I would feel moved, even obliged, to pack a shooter. In that instance, I would bitch and moan about guns whilst carrying one. Seems tenable to me. The O'Donnel thing does sound just a tad precious, though.

Cheers. He who does not sleep.