market cap factoids

Christine Peterson quintanus at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:23:53 PST 1999

>Andrew Hill writes in today's Financial Times:
>
>"As J.P. Morgan pointed out in a report at the end of last week, US
>information technology shares are now worth $2,700bn (£1,626bn) - slightly
>more than the value of all shares in the UK equity market, the world's
>third largest. Microsoft alone is worth as much as all listed Italian
>companies together."

What do you think will be the significance of the report that this group produced which says that Microsoft did an accounting trick with regards to wages paid which caused them to appear as though they had a profitable last quarter, whereas they really lost money. I think the url is http://www.billparish.com/msftfraud.html - at least the first part of the url is right. Is there anything to this?