Force & Truth (was Re: litcritter bashing...)

kelley oudies at flash.net
Wed Nov 3 07:30:28 PST 1999

raspscallion rob writes:

>Oh, I see - so Lacan is actually making a lot of sense, and saying some
>really important things, but, because his argument has to be read, and
>because the reading of it by another would consumate an act of
>miscommunication by definition, it would seem to that reader like a load of
>bollocks. Well, I'm in no position to falsify that one!

i rilly rilly and trooly dooly love this one. i nailed ken on this a while ago, particularly since we were arguing over our differing interpretations of lacan. it just slays me. i can deal with miscommunication and lack, but then it's just hilarity on ice to watch everyone wrangle over lacan --never once appreciating the slippage but insisting on a one right way......

kelley