Glass-Steagall

Mon Nov 8 09:19:59 PST 1999

>>> Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> 11/08/99 12:00PM >>>
Charles, I have read that the "modernization" of Financial Services Act weakens community re-investment and puts community organizations under special survillance in their dealings with financial institutions. I realize this shouldn't present any problems in Detroit; elsewhere in the nation this could have some very negative impacts.

Am I wrong?

Tom,

You probably know more about the likely effects of this Act than I do. Of course, I am as skeptical about banks ever really reinvesting in the real community as postmodernists are about the existence of objective reality and truth.

Charles