Fwd: Interactive Death Row

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 8 11:04:40 PST 1999

[pointed out by Jeff St Clair - sorry, Max, but his head doesn't explode - the guy I got to execute was convicted of killing Bono (U2's, not Sonny, who's already dead), which I didn't realize was a capital crime]

"Welcome to Deathrow Online. Nowadays almost everything can be done online! You can turn on a tablelamp or stop a train. But Deathrow Online goes beyond that! It's the only place on the Net where you can be the executioner. How does it work? If you agree to volunteer to operate the electric chair, the computer will first select a prisoner on deathrow for you to execute.

You will then be connected to a livecam placed in an executionroom somewhere in the USA. The sentenced will take place in the electric chair and you will be asked to pull the lever. Watch the livecam carefully. If the execution ends succesfully you will receive an official executioner-certificate."

<http://www.hatchoo.com/deathrow/index.html>