lbo-talk-digest V1 #2091

elena elena at elits.rousse.bg
Thu Nov 11 15:43:31 PST 1999

(sorry for cross-posting; the same appeared first on marxism-thaxis and later on on lbo-digest) Charles, could you provide some more context, if possible? I suspect this sudden interest in Bg is connected with Clinton's pending visit, but, acc to (our) mass media, we are supposed to show how well we are doing, and not vice versa. Best wishes, E.

The text that Charles quoted from the NYT on Bulgaria is, mysteriously, an incomplete quote from Eyes Wide Shut (oops, OPENED), that appeared on http://www.emperors-clothes.com (and which I got THANKS TO ANGIE in Audtralia) How it got to the NYT is a mystery... ****** Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:38:57 EDT From: JaredI at aol.com To: emperors_clothes at yahoo.com

Dear people,

http://www.emperors-clothes.com received the following from a Bulgarian reader a few days ago. Addressed to the Serbian opposition, it clarifies the meaning of the 'democracy' dispensed by Madeline Albright's "'Indispensible Nation."

WITH HER EYES OPENED

A Letter to the Serbian 'Democratic Opposition' by Doncheva ******