women?feminism?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:47:41 PST 1999

>The New York Press is a foulmouthed and stupid rightwing
>giveaway paper here in New York

Some of its stuff is quite interesting, but I was astonished to see NYP editor-and-egomaniac-in-chief Russ Smith's comment in his column this week about the "disintegration of all matters of taste and manners [at the NY Times] under Sulzberger Jr.'s regime." I'm no fan of the Sulzbergers, Pinch *or* Punch, but it's a pity for Smith -- or "Mugger," as he styles himself -- that there is no Pulitzer Prize for chutzpah.

Carl