Greetings from the Rube Gallery

paula laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 13 14:42:44 PST 1999

Hi LaBOsters. Long time no screen. Thanks for sending that thingy Doug. I got distracted again, but I now will be getting to it.

You guys sure are prolific. I've been trying to catch up for about an hour and I'm still reading posts from the beginning of July. Lost everything before that when my Eudora imploded.

Now that I have lost a bunch of money, but feel absolutely confident in my talking computor company, I'm returning to a more normal routine and hoping to actually try my hand at some writing.

What prompted this response was Frances' mention of that Messages From Down Under fake memoir. When I was looking into going to Massage school I meant The Madame who runs the school. She struck me as quite the savvy customer, able to milk the holistic-health, spirituality thing for all it is worth. Towards the end of our conversation she made a special appeal to me to read that book to achieve a true understanding of where she was coming from.(is that one of those words you're not supposed to end a sentence with?, there, it happened again. stupid rule). Shame too, cause I find a lot of that stuff valuable, but marketing to the overly affluent just turns everybody into a whore. Which reminds me, did anyone see Marianne Williamson selling her soul on the morning show circuit? Too sad. I'm thinking of starting a religion based on how much a person sympathizes and advocates for the people who make their beds and chop their lettuce and wash their cars. Church of the Immaculent Servant?