'Democratic Money' & the Tragedy of Anti-Marxism (wasRe:Populism)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 13 20:53:41 PST 1999

Ezra Pound has figured in this thread. Has anyone on the list read either the standard biographical or lit crit treatments of Pound, or even the fascist friend of Ezra, Eustace Mullins book on him? (Mullins also wrote books on the Federal Reserve which I see listed on bibliogaphies on conspiracy theory.He also is said to have had an affair with Matt Koehl, a leading militant in George Lincoln Rockwell's American Nazi Party in the 60's) I do know of a book by a British writer, name not handy, on Pound, Eliot, and Lawrence as fellow travelers of fascism, and a 50's piece in Science & Society attacking Eliot, as well as a Delmore Schwartz piece in PR(?) on Eliot. It would be great if a book on the order of Frederic Jameson's book on Wyndam Lewis exists for Pound and/or Eliot in the context of their political and economic views.

Also Lawrence Goodwyn had a piece in the shortlived (now why should we be surprised) Marxist Perspectives that Eugene "Put them down!" Genovese published for 10 or so issues in the 70's.

Michael Pugliese -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19991113/70b43110/attachment.htm>