[Fwd: Re: NYP, It's Writers (Future and Present)]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 15 10:34:52 PST 1999

Carl Remick wrote:

>What! Amy Sohn lost her job at the NY Post?! (You see, Katha, there
>*are* limits to what I'll read.) Sohn was certainly proof-positive
>that the NY Press is *not* what you might call your father's
>right-wing rag. The NY Press's combo of (frequently but not
>exclusively) hard-to-starboard politics and prurient grunge is
>almost certainly unique.

Oh I don't know about that - it's pretty compatible with a P.J. O'Rourke/fratboy view of the world. The right is also getting pretty clever about using spokesbabes - there was an article in Vanity Fair a month or two ago about all the hot young conservative women, and I saw a woman from the Christian Coalition on the Fox News Channel the other night who was wearing an extremely short skirt, revealing about an acre of thigh, as she talked about traditional values.

Doug