guns and nazis (was: White trash)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 16 11:48:17 PST 1999

[bounced bec of an address oddity]

From: "Chip Berlet" <cberlet at igc.org> Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:08:57 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0

Hi,

USC Title 10. The rallying cry of the militias. One small problem. Overwhelmingly the federal courts do not recognize and individual right to belong to or call up militias, but recognize that states have that right historically, now exercised through the National Guard.

That this patriot movement/NRA fantasy lives on is a testament to the triumph of myth over fact.

We all have a First Amendment right to idiosyncratic readings of fragments of the US Code. In real life, however, what the Supreme Court rules, does matter.

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 12:45 PM Subject: Re: guns and nazis (was: White trash)