A Modest Challenge

Wed Nov 17 14:04:49 PST 1999

>>> "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> 11/17/99 02:44PM >>>
> > Clinton is a far worse menace to
> > individual freedoms then all the militia men combined.
>
>On that, Carrol, we are in complete agreement. And I would add that Clinton
>is more of a menace than Reagan, as well. Since what passes for the Left
>was willing to stand up and fight Reaganism, but rolled over like a willing
>supplicant when the same meanness came dressed as Clintonism.

While I fear any kind of emerging consensus could spoil the List's basic dynamics (smiley face), I too will agree to Clinton's stinkerissimo status.

Charles: I want to criticize further this line that Clintonism and the Democrats are more of a fascist threat than Reaganism and the Republicans.

One piece of evidence is Russ Bellant's book _Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party_ with an Preface by none other than Chip Berlet. In that book Detroit Bellant lays out much evidence of a very big network of WWII era Nazis and other European fascists who were an important component of the U.S. Republican Party in 1988. There is no evidence that they have been purged.

Reagan blatantly made a gesture of reconciliation with Nazism when he visited the SS graves in Germany. Meanwhile in the basement of the White House, Oliver North, among other things, developed a plan under FEMA to have generals take control of cities in the case of civil unrest.

The Republican appointed Supreme Court is steadily eating away at the 4th Amendment, which contains most of criminal due process ( i.e., and the 14th Amendment , the main anti-racist law of the land. For a measure of how much the Rehnquist KKK ers in black robes have accomplished against b, a Court of Appeals just ruled it didn't violate the 4th or the 14th for the police to round up every Black man in an upstate NY. city because an woman had said she was robbed by a Black man.

A main feature of Reaganism is to mainstream , by putting in more palatable form, reactionary concepts of all types. That mass of mushy conservativism, NOTE FRINGE OR MILITIA WILD, in the American middle is exactly what Reaganism has accomplished for the ruling class. Clintonism is derivative of Reaganism. In this vein, the Newt Gingrich led Contract on America, program of the Republican Congress just a few years ago, was rooted in many of the principles of David Duke's organizations. The current KKK (in suits not robes) agenda focuses on a pitch to white workers that they are now the main victims of discrimination because of affirmative action. This is also a main Republican Party goal. Being anti-affirmative action is now a mainstream, not fringe, form of racism. At one point there was talk of impeaching both Clinton and Gore. Gingrich would have been the next in line to be President.

Guiliani , a Rep, is doing a great imitation of Il Duce in NYC. Engler and the Confederates in Lansing, Michigan are steadily marching on Detroit.

It may be "ironic" to think Clinton and the Dems are more dangerous than Bush and the Reps, but that's more appropriate as an approach to fiction, not fact.

CB