[Fwd: Re: guns and nazis (was: White trash)]

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Nov 17 22:31:59 PST 1999

> From kpollitt at thenation.com Wed Nov 17 10:24:33 1999
>
> Jordan -- guns are much more likely to be fatal than knives or
> pills or razor blades. Suicide attampts with guns succeed much
> more often than attampts with these other methods.

Did you read what I said? There's a substitution effect in countries that sudddenly make guns scarce: it may take longer or more attempts, but the suicide rate doesn't go down like you would expect if what you're implying were to be true.

The real question you ought to be asking, if you believe half the stuff you're saying, is why there isn't more suicide given all the guns that are in the US.

/jordan