Larry pratt on Warsaw ghetto Jews and Guns

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 18 12:24:38 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

>Back with my wife in Tennessee, When one day she called to me,
>"Virgil, quick, come see, there goes Robert E. Lee!"
>Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if the money's no good.
>Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest,
>But they should never have taken the very best.

Does this mean we're supposed to get all throat-lumpy about the head general of the CSA?

>I'm reminded of C. Vann Woodward's remark that
>the people of the South were a people "that
>history happened to."

You mean it was wrong to say "During the Civil War eleven states announced drastic 'no confidence' in the federal government. This was before Dr. Uslaner's time, but he might note that the people in these eleven states simultaneously exhibited great trust and confidence in one another"?

Doug