women?feminism?

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Thu Nov 18 18:13:55 PST 1999

IMO there is a major difference between the Latin American panic over body parts, and our own panic over ritual abuse of children. In the US, the prosecutor and the police have promoted panic, that is, the State.

As far as I know that is not the case with the body parts panic. I vaguely remember some UN commission tasked with looking into it. Also, I know that our reporting of Latin American affairs is pretty skimpy. But I just haven't heard of State power promoting this panic as it has here.

John K. Taber