alternative to IPRs

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Thu Nov 18 23:35:29 PST 1999

This looks simultaneously both utopian and highly subversive.

Much capital now competes for relative surplus value, enjoying a relative monopoly before a new method of production becomes widespread in the market.

On a global scale I have argued this is inherent in the process of unequal exchange from less technologically developed countries to more technologically developed countries.

Does this paper have any sense of the social context of the private ownership of the means of production, or is it just an idealist nice idea?

Chris Burford

London