Larry pratt on Warsaw ghetto Jews and Guns

Mr P.A. Van Heusden pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 01:43:27 PST 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Katha Pollitt wrote:

> > Pratt's solution to the schoolyard killings: Let the teachers bear
> > arms, just like they do in South Africa, where one instructor
> > recently gunned down a bellicose student.

I still would like to hear a reliable source for this one - I've check the archives of various South African workers, and not found a single story of this kind (and despite the level of violence in South Africa, if this had actually happened, it would have hit the papers).

I did, however, find a story about a (white, Afrikaans) teacher running at track officials waving his gun when one of his students was excluded from an athletics event for lying about his age.

Have any of the other South Africans on this list heard anything?

Peter -- Peter van Heusden : pvanheus at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk : PGP key available Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower. - Karl Marx

NOTE: I do not speak for the HGMP or the MRC.