Fwd: BOUNCE lbo-talk at lists.panix.com: Non-member submission from [jsegal at pop.mindspring.com (Jacob Segal)]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 19 06:53:41 PST 1999

[Bounced for an address oddity. The LBO list has no official position on the Marxism list. Louis Proyect has a history of trying to sabotage reputations and careers, from calling up people's bosses to complain about their net behavior to forwarding what he considers objectionable emails to potential employers. He also has a habit of posting nasty and often wildly inaccurate attacks on admirable people he doesn't like, doesn't understand, and/or hasn't read, e.g. James O'Connor, David Harvey, Adolph Reed, and William Cronon.]

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:10:02 -0500 From: jsegal at pop.mindspring.com (Jacob Segal)

>Doug wrote:
>
>>Will whoever's keeping Alex apprised of the list's goings-on be sure
>>to include Charles's point?
>>
>I'm guessing it's Comrade Proyect, who posted something on PEN-l about
>keeping up with LBO-talk via the archives. What a fucking asshole.
>
>smooches,
>Frances

Hello,

Might someone ask who is this "Louis Proyect"? Why is he a "fucking asshole" besides the possiblity he is spending Alexander Cockburn lbo messages? I know from prior posts he runs a Marxism-list. Does the LBO list hate the Marxism list?

I don't mind hating him; I just would like to know why.

Jacob Segal